Friday 14 June 2013

Do more of what makes you happy



“Do more of what makes you happy”
-Unknown
Simple. Right? I have this quote as my desktop background, and it makes it really hard to sit down and study. However, I think that it can be quite motivational as I now that once I finish my course, I will be better equipped to do what I enjoy, which is to help other people. Not to mention, I will have more free time and better job prospects. Sometimes, doing what makes you happy can mean looking to the future and ensuring future happiness. I mean, how unhappy would I be if I failed this last part of the course, and the whole year of hard work was for nothing? I would not be happy at all. So, studying and doing the hard work right know, will make me happier in the near future than if I ignored my coursework and failed my course!

However, do not always put of your happiness for a rainy day. Do small things each day to make you happy, even if they are very silly. Try at least one of these today;

  1. Spin in a full circle on your desk chair at work. 
  2. Unsubscribe from that annoying email that fills your inbox (not one that is necessary for work though!)
  3. Jump on your sofa when you get home.
  4. Have your dessert first. 
  5. Do a cartwheel in the garden/park. 
  6. Give a friend a hug. 
  7. Watch a funny youtube video (don't get sucked into the crazy youtube world of funny cats; you will never get out!)
  8. Put on that slightly brighter eyeshadow/lipstick.
  9. Look around you when you commute to work or school; were those flowers always there? isn't that doggie so cute? aww look at that baby! Trust me, it will brighten your day. 
  10. Plan a cheap day out; a picnic or a hike with friends. 
  11. Be a tourist in your own town; find out things that you never knew (you will seem super smart next time a relative or friend comes to stay!)
  12. Buy some bubbles and blow them out of your window!
  13. Slide across the floor in your socks!
What are the little things that make you smile? Things that you don't have to do, they just happen. Like a movie with a great soundtrack, when the train doors stop right in front of you, or watching a child figure something out. Let us know in the comments!

In the meantime, have a look at this website for inspiration; Just the Little Things

No comments:

Post a Comment